Recent Posts: M Thomas Apple Author Page
OK, so I admit it — I’m way behind in finishing my SF novel, Bringer of Light (you can read the prologue here). I had hoped to get the draft done by January, then work on edits in the spring and publish it in summer. But a little COVID happened to the world, and believe […]
I get the attraction of people like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. They have big ideas. They’re enthusiastic, ecstatic, even. They’re great at simplifying difficult concepts and promoting tech to the lay person. But they’re not creators. They’re “visionaries.” I.e., salespersons. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. I was in computer sales once. […]
twitter.com/theplanetaryguy/status/1298728036305719298 Well, now you know. 🤖
Top Posts & Pages
copyright disclaimer© Matthew Apple and Taking Leave, 2009-2017. Duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. If you would like to post or copy brief excerpts from the blog, please provide a link to the original URL along with an author's credit.
Tag Archives: cultural relativism
- As COVID-19 persists, Japan looks to send in the robots
- Will sardines become Japan’s new autumn ‘it’ fish?
- ‘The Cat and the City’ author Nick Bradley: When writing fiction, ‘there’s no such thing as wasted living’
- From salaryman to sanga-slinger: Kohsuke Yamaoka knows the secret to a great sandwich
- Polly Barton: A heart set on literary translation
- 24,191 hits