Recent Posts: M Thomas Apple Author Page
Shining brightly in the stars… https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/nichelle-nichols-groundbreaking-star-trek-actor-dead-89-rcna40857 PS. MSNBC announcer, her character’s name was “Uhura,” not “Ura.” Come on…
These aren’t the drones that deliver your online order. Loaded with cameras, sensors, and explosives, their mission is to drive themselves to a target with an algorithm in the driver’s seat. They destroy themselves along with the target, leaving behind just a pile of electronic detritus. https://m.dw.com/en/killer-robots-will-they-be-banned/a-62587436 Oh, joy. I can’t wait to see what […]
Yeah. So I missed another installment in my series. Shoot. Things are just ridiculously spiraling out of control at work. I hope to start posting more regularly again in a week or so. In the meantime, check out more images from the Webb space telescope compared to Hubble. They’re pretty awe-inspiring.
Top Posts & Pages
- “Japan should rethink gender roles”? Yeah, no kidding
- Ten Years of Taking Leave
- First Year Wall (Part 2) - The (not-so voluntary) parent-teacher conference
- The First Year Wall (Part 1) - Gakudo and the Kid
- End of an Era: Goodbye, Nursery School
- Death of a Cherry Tree
- How Do You Talk to Your Kids About Dying?
© Matthew Apple and Taking Leave, 2009-2020. Duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. If you would like to post or copy brief excerpts from the blog, please provide a link to the original URL along with an author’s credit.
- Japan to offer omicron COVID shots to people vaccinated at least twice
- A year on, Afghans hide out fearing death by data
- Japan study shows preimplantation genetic testing leads to fewer miscarriages
- Sue Bird gets rousing sendoff in final regular-season home game
- COVID-19 tracker: Tokyo confirms 17,884 new cases
- 26,474 hits