Recent Posts: M Thomas Apple
I remember the only time I met Harlan Ellison. Well, “met” is perhaps too strong a word. Talked with. Listened to. Got a signature and shook his hand. I was nervous as all hell.
Though discovered nearly four years ago, an asteroid in orbit near Jupiter ( BZ509, or just “bee-zee” for short) is now said to be originally from outside our solar system. The aliens are here (have been here…).
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn! In his house at R’yleh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming… …because of course his ancestral DNA was brought to Earth aboard an asteroid, as part of an ancient bombardment that seeded life… Well, maybe not. It’s a controversial idea only in the sense that octopi are not aliens and no […]
Top Posts & Pages
copyright disclaimer© Matthew Apple and Taking Leave, 2009-2017. Duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. If you would like to post or copy brief excerpts from the blog, please provide a link to the original URL along with an author's credit.
- After delays, brush with truck does little to up Mitsubishi’s MRJ in regional jet dogfight with industry giants
- Jupiter moon tally now 79 with finding of 10 more, including a ‘wrong-way driver’ on apparent collision course
- Regime-linked airstrike on shelter kills at least 10 as displaced Syrians march near Golan border
- Shooting erupts as Nicaraguan forces lay siege to alleged coup plotters in symbolic enclave
- Rescue group: Libya left migrants to die in Mediterranean, including woman and toddler
- 21,872 hits