Recent Posts: M Thomas Apple
It’s the end of the spring term (finally) at my university in Kyoto, which means I’ll be getting ready for my yearlong sabbatical in Montreal soon. From September I’ll be back at a North American university for the first time since 1997. Ah, Notre Dame. Mixed lapsed Catholic-cum-agnostic memories.
I was going to say “it’s so hot you can fry an egg” but it turns out that the temperature needs to be at least 130F for that to happen. But still…it’s hot here in Kyoto. It’s freakin’ hot. And not that “dry heat” blah blah. The kind of heat that makes me use up […]
I remember the only time I met Harlan Ellison. Well, “met” is perhaps too strong a word. Talked with. Listened to. Got a signature and shook his hand. I was nervous as all hell.
Top Posts & Pages
copyright disclaimer© Matthew Apple and Taking Leave, 2009-2017. Duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. If you would like to post or copy brief excerpts from the blog, please provide a link to the original URL along with an author's credit.
- Angels lose to Rangers despite Shohei Ohtani’s efforts
- In first for a Taiwan leader, Tsai Ing-wen tours federal facilities during U.S. stopover
- Quake swarm jolts Indonesian islands, killing at least 12
- Misconceptions over contraceptive pills put Japanese women at risk of health issues related to menstruation
- After Gunma chopper crash, ministry mulls expediting cheaper flight recorders for small aircraft
- 21,945 hits